We are happy to announce that we now have our IDEX Pressure Sensor in stock.
Meticulously engineered and broadly tested for precision sensing, our premium QuickStart Pressure Sensors continually monitor system parameters to provide you the information you need to keep your instrument operating reliably.
Your personal information is safe with us
As you probably know, The European Union is introducing the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on the 25th of May 2018. With the new regulation, your personal data gets an even stronger protection.
It’s a wild web out there and in order for you to always feel safe when contacting us, we’ve updated the information about how we handle your personal information. We have clarified what kind of personal data we save and how long they are saved and how they are used to create as good a deal as possible for you as a customer.
At the Swedish Office we are open 8-16 (CET) Monday to Friday all summer!
Welcome to contact us during office hours and have a nice summer vacation.
Degassing & Debubbling
Degassers improve fluidic instrument precision and reliability by removing dissolved gases from fluids before they outgas and form problem causing bubbles. Three main types of bubble removing products are available:
– Teflon AF based degassers offer the widest range of chemical compatibility and are used to eliminate retention shifts and baseline fluctuations.
– Silicone based degassers offer the highest flow rate capabilities for water based systems such as diagnostic and life science instrumentation to improve dispense accuracy and reliability.
– Poridex based products provide rapid bubble remove for locations where bubble introduction cannot be avoided.
Dissolved gases are actively removed from a flowing liquid stream by vacuum via the IDEX Health & Science AF® membrane.
Degassing – How it works
Dissolved gasses in a fluidic system can often cause troubles. When the pressure or the temperature changes, the dissolved gasses can form bubbles which affect the accuracy, precision and performance of your equipment. On-line degassing is a very efficient way of removing dissolved gasses from the liquid and preventing bubble formation.
Why Degas Your Mobile Phase?
Dissolved air in HPLC mobile phases can result in flow rate instability and baseline disturbance.
Flow rate instability: Non-degassed mobile phase can outgas in the pump head, causing bubbles to be formed and trapped inside the head or check valves. These bubbles can cause flow disturbances and pressure fluctuations, resulting in flow rate instability.
Baseline disturbance: As the mobile phase passes through the column, it experiences a large pressure drop. Non-degassed mobile phase can outgas due to this pressure differential, causing air bubbles to form. Air bubbles passing through or lodging in the
flow cell cause detection disturbances, exhibited as baseline noise.
No Troubles with Bubbles
Biotech AB is specialized in degassing of liquids. With Systec components you can be sure to get degassers with the latest cutting edge technology. Except for our unique range of DEGASi® Standalone degassers, Biotech offers custom made degassing modules to fit your need. Biotech supplies degassing modules to some of the world’s largest instrument manufacturers.
In many low pressure systems, such as diagnostic instruments, bubbles in the fluid stream can cause false detection readings and dispense anomalies. For these systems, the Systec Active Debubbler captures and removes bubbles before they can affect the instrument or the results. Unlike passive bubble traps where bubble removal is dependent on backpressure, the Active Debubbler can be installed before or after a pump and provides consistent debubbling regardless of the system conditions.
Debubbling – How it works
Dissolved gases and bubbles in system liquids cause dispense volume anomalies in many instruments, negatively affecting both dispense precision and analytical accuracy. Now you have a choice of components for actively removing bubbles with or without also removing dissolved system gases. Online Vacuum Degassing offers operating convenience, high efficiency and low operating costs compared to other common degassing technologies.
In medical analyzers, bubbles interfere with critical volumetric reagent dispenses and cause sample failures, wasting time and money. Because bubbles adhere to nearly every part of a dispensing system, high velocity or induced turbulent flow is often used to displace and discharge bubbles from the flow stream and into a waste area. These alternative processes waste reagents and are time consuming, unpredictable, and may additionally require designing the system to recognize bubbles are present.
No troubles with Bubbles
Biotech AB proudly presents a DEBUBBLER for removal of bubbles in liquids. Improve the precision and accuracy in your instrumentation with our new line of debubblers. The new debubbler can be used in every liquid transferring system where bubbles may occur; Dispensing, DNA-sequencing etc. Custom designed modules upon request. We offer total systems responsibility in the field of degassing and debubbling.
“The world’s first high flow rate,
in-line degasser, for organic solvents”
DEGASi PREP PLUS uses a revolutionary new technology that makes it possible to degass organic solutions with higher flows in a cost effective manner. This means that you can increase your capacity at a lower price. The DEGASi® PREP+ is the perfect choice for efficient degassing of many types of liquids at high flow rates, up to 75-100 ml/min per chamber. With four chambers coupled in parallel, a flow of 300-400 ml/min can be used.
“It´s small, smart & silent…”
DEGASi® PLUS SERIES
Our latest addition to the DEGASi® standalone series is the DEGASi® PLUS. It can be equipped for a wide range of applications, depending on what kind of performance you need.
THE FIRST CHOICE
DEGASi® PLUS is a further development of degassers such as:
- Much smaller footprint, height and weight
- New vacuum pump using a smart board
- Allmost silent
- Available with 1-6 channels
- Parallel connected vacuum chambers
- Easier accessibility and visibility
- Easier troubleshooting and replacement of parts
- Short leadtime
We will attend in Analytica 2018, booth A1:411. Wait for further information.
Since the Biotech Group participates in the Pittcon conference, I would like to invite you to our booth no. 2107. I am sure that an exchange of experience can be rewarding and bring mutual benefits for our businesses.
This year we are happy to introduce our new DEGASi PLUS-line and Runge Mikron Detectors.
The analytical power and versatility of hyphenated techniques
- Workshops – 30th & 31st October 2017 | Hotel Jen Tanglin, Singapore
View the short courses offered detailing instructors and key learning outcomes.
- Conference – 1st & 2nd November 2017 | Biopolis, Singapore
View the Conference program highlighting speakers and topics covered.
During the event we will show you our new line of HPLC degassers in our DEGASi PLUS series.
9th October – Call for Scientific Posters submission deadline.
13th October – Workshop Advance Registration Ends. Fee increases by USD100-USD200, while spaces available.
20th October – Conference Advance Registration Ends for complimentary / free-of-charge attendance.
Feel free to use the Promocode (VIPBIONIK)
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
We look forward to meeting you in November.
3397-19 Obuchi, Fuji, Shizuoka 417-0801 Japan
Global Premier Distributor of IDEX Health & Science
Upchurch, Rheodyne, Systec & Isolation Technologies
Spare parts supply in a very short time
The Mini degassing chamber is used in our degassing equipment made for the largest analytical instrument manufacturers in the world. Since quality can’t be compromised the same components are also used in our DEGASi® series of stand-alone degassers.
We keep an extensive stock to support our customers. Supplying spare parts and replacements to a wide range of instruments and brands in the shortest time possible. We always keep a wide variety of vacuum pumps, degassing chambers, control boards and other accessories on stock to simplify replacement and maintenance for our customers. As an alternative to a repair we can also offer a suitable Degassers from our comprehensive DEGASi-line of Stand Alone Degassers.
Analytical Degassing Chambers
Preparative Degassing Chamber
- The standard preparative degassing chamber was designed to be easy to prime, and is configured with a Teflon® AF degassing membrane (tubing) to provide maximum degassing capacity with the absolute minimum internal volume (less than 3% of PTFE designs with comparable degassing capacity) and a chemically inert, metal free flow path. Degassed mobile phase is available in less than a minute!
Systec ZHCR Pump
- We introduce the ZHCR® Zero Hysteresis / Constant Run stepper motor driven vacuum pump, specifically designed and developed for membrane degassing of HPLC mobile phase. Employing a micro-stepping RPM control strategy permits the pump to run continuously, cycling between low and high speeds. The high speed provides quick pull-down, while the low speed sustains a consistent vacuum level.
Waters Alliance Degasser Retrofit-kit
- The Biotech Systec AF® Degassing Replacement Kit for Waters Alliance HPLC instrument is simple to install in half an hour by any laboratory technician. Our upgrade kit is available with either our 100% biocompatible vacuum chambers, or with our Stented chambers, recommended for GPC and normal phase applications (THF and HFIP resistant).
Agilent 1100 Degasser Retrofit-Kit
- The Biotech Systec AF® upgrade kit is a drop in assembly that can be installed in less than 20 minutes, requires only the use of a #1 Phillips Screwdriver, and provides the following benefits over the original configuration. This kit retains the original control board and vacuum sensor, so all communi-cation functions with the HPLC stack and computer software are maintained.